History of BTCC
The Bharatiya Temple and Cultural Center is a non-profit organization which relies on the generosity of people like you. We are located at 3050 N. Cleveland Rd. in Lexington, KY. We have 10.2 acres of land that was donated by 20 families who bought it for us in 1996. We have a building of 10,000 sq. ft. with 8400 sq. ft. on the main floor and in 2012 our Temple area has been expanded 1600 to 2600 sq. ft. of temple area on the second floor. An Elevator has also been installed for our elderly and people with disability.
- Working committee formed in 2000
- Developed bylaws, tax exempt status, and obtained initial architectural plans in 2001
- Executive commitee formed in general body meeting in 2002. Board of trustees was also elected.
- The plans where passed through county, city, and state rules and regulations.
- Construction began under leadership of our building and construction committee.
To see the people who have donated land to BTCC click here.